Must be a Certified Diver to Get a Fill-up... HUH?

Information about fill options for PCP air guns.

Must be a Certified Diver to Get a Fill-up... HUH?

Postby DRAGON64 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:12 pm

Yep, I took my tank to a local dive shop to have a hydro done, and the lady told me she could get the hydro done, but I needed to be a certified diver to get my tank filled!! I had read about this same issue happening to other shooters... luckily, this is not the only local dive shop. The other shop was happy to have my business. Anyone else run into this issue with their tanks?

SO... looks like I should be looking for a carbon tank, and a compressor in the near future...
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
DRAGON64

Re: Must be a Certified Diver to Get a Fill-up... HUH?

Postby Motorhead » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:49 am

As a certified diver of nearly 35 years .... YUP, especially at larger shops where the letter of the law is followed.
HOME OF MOTORHEADS AG TUNING SERVICES
RAW TM1000 Hybrid .177 .20 .22
M-rod - HFT .177
Mutant .22
Daystate Mk3 .20
WARP .177 .25
BSA Scorpion .177
Pneuma .22
BAM 50 .25
AA TX-200 .177
FWB 124D .177
HW35 .177
Diana 75 HV .177
Diana 100 SSP .177
Alpha 90
Motorhead

Postby DRAGON64 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:44 am

Luckily the shop I visited yesterday fills tanks all the time for divers, paint ballers, airsofters and airgunners alike, and said "not a problem!"

Still shopping for that compressor though... :D
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
DRAGON64

Postby rangerb3 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:44 pm

If not a diver, go with a nitrogen tank setup and cascade into your own 4500 psi tank.

You'd be surprised by how much liability a shop is exposed to by filling a scuba tank for a non-certified user. If your tank "is" a dedicated paintball tank then I would fully understand your frustration. I've always been asked for my cert card when filling any scuba tanks. Most shops won't rent any type of gear or bottle without a cert card.
Best Regards,
Rangerb3

Soldiers of the Cross, http://www.sotcmm.com
John 14:6 (Jesus said to him; "I am the way, the truth, and the life. Nobody comes to the Father except through me.)

http://www.pbase.com/rangerb3
rangerb3

Return to Tanks & Pumps