New Guppy Tank on the Way!

Information about fill options for PCP air guns.

New Guppy Tank on the Way!

Postby AirRifleHunter » Thu May 10, 2012 8:07 pm

Oh man! I went and got myself in trouble now! :shock:

I finally broke down and I called up Joe Brancato and ordered a Guppy Tank today :D . I ordered one with a Male Quick Disconnect on a DIN300 fitting and a hose with the Female Quick Disconnect on each end. That way I can either get it filled at a paintball shop using the Quick Disconnect, or if I need to I can take it to a scuba shop and I can easily remove the hand tightened fitting and they can fill it there using the DIN300. Also, when I want to carry it in my backpack, I can just remove the hose by using the quick-disconnect so that it doesn't get all bent up and damaged.

I figure full tank I should get around 10, maybe 11 fills for my Marauders, maybe 20+ for my Discovery and I would think at least 20+ for my P-Rod (but that's just a guess).

According to the FedEx website it should arrive tomorrow (Friday) around noon, so I'm going to take it to a paintball shop that fills to 4500PSI and get it filled up and ready to go for this weekend. I'm excited about being able to have more air when I'm out hunting over a weekend, or even when I'm out for a long day of ground squirrel elimination. That is going to be really nice. :P This upcoming rabbit season those rascally rabbits are in for alot of trouble now! :twisted:

Now I'm going to have to start saving my pennies for a ShoeBox Compressor so that I can fill it on my own. However, that isn't going to be for at least a year or more from now. :( Oh well, I'm a happy airgunner for sure! :D
AirRifleHunter

Re: New Guppy Tank on the Way!

Postby AirRifleHunter » Fri May 11, 2012 9:59 am

Wow! The Guppy Tank arrived at 9:30am this morning! FedEx was really early today. :D :D

First of all, it was shipped super fast :) . Second, it was packaged perfectly so that it didn't get damaged during shipping :) . Third, WOW! :D What a great looking little tank! I love the double FQD (Female Quick Disconnect) hose that he recommended. That is a really nice feature. The DIN300 fitting is not the one I thought I was getting though. It is not the hand tightening one, but the wrench tightening one. My mistake :( . I probably misunderstood what Joe told me over the phone :? . Regardless, it is a great looking little tank.

Now I just need to get a protective cover for it. Do any of you out there than own one of Joe's Guppy Tanks use any particular protective cover or know where there is one that fits this particular size (110cc size)? When I go to the Paintball Shop today to get it filled I'm going to see if they have any protective covers large enough to house this 110cc tank. If not I'll have to order some camo neoprene and make one for myself (afterall I'm always modding my stuff and making stuff for my airgun stuff anyway).

Well, I'm excited it's here. I never thought I would own one of these and now I've got it. Hooray! :P
AirRifleHunter

Postby NeuRon » Fri May 11, 2012 11:06 am

:lol: Hey, hey! Alright! Let me know what you find to carry it. Or if there's a good protective cap that you find. I'd be happy with that, and then padding my own bag. FWIW, one of those large KamelBack(?) water carriers might have enough room to accommodate the Guppy, if you're looking for a way to carry it while hunting. But a dedicated backpack or duffel-bag might be a better candidate to start with, if you don't find something tailored for it, as you can find something more comfortable.

As for the connector (wrench or hand-tighten), are you talking about how the fill-hose connects to valve assembly? If so, mine has flat spots for a wrench, but I've never needed to go beyond hand-snug with it.

I want one about 1/2 this size now, to carry on my hip or in a bag while hunting. The Guppy could stay in the car for refilling the... ...Micro-P(lankton)?
Prod (tuned by Paul B., LW barrel, RB grips, ACE Folding stock, camo, TKO & JG brakes)
Sold: .22 Mrod "The Toad" (tuned by Paul B., 18" LW barrel, Toad-A-Flage camo)
Sold: .25 TT Mrod w/ reservoir and shroud extensions
NeuRon

Postby AirRifleHunter » Fri May 11, 2012 2:54 pm

Here's some photos of it:

Image Image

The hand tightening type I mention has a round, knurled area where the wrench/bolt spot is. It just makes it easier to remove if you go to a scuba shop so you don't need a wrench to loosen it.

I did get it filled today. They could only fill to 3500 today though. They said to come on Tuesdays and they would easilly be able to fill it to 4500PSI. They said by Friday/Weekend the tanks are starting to get low. The salesperson said that the newly filled tanks are usually delivered on Monday or Tuesday. Oh well, it will still be cool to use it this weekend. :D
AirRifleHunter

Postby NeuRon » Fri May 11, 2012 8:12 pm

I'm printing a couple of relevant emails from earlier today, only editing the signature lines. I don't think Joe will mind and he didn't ask me to keep it quiet. So, even though the exposure limits my chances of getting one:

LOVE my Guppy & suggest you all the time on
www.marauderairrifle.com/forum.  Wanted to see if you can source a tank
even smaller than the Guppy and package it with appropriate gauge and
valve.  Looking for something that can go on the hip or smaller bag, like
a canteen or old buddy bottle.

Yes, I have called the Minnow. I have not yet advertised it, but it will
be just like a Guppy.  Will also have a nice removeable hose feature.

Thank you for considering my products,
Cheers,

Joe Brancato
AirTanksForSale

:o Alright, Brancato! :D
Prod (tuned by Paul B., LW barrel, RB grips, ACE Folding stock, camo, TKO & JG brakes)
NeuRon

Postby AirRifleHunter » Fri May 11, 2012 9:12 pm

That would be sweet! Great... Now I've got to save for something else. :roll: This hobby is going to make me poor. I need to find a way to make some money with this hobby to pay for this stuff. :lol:
AirRifleHunter

Postby kneemow » Sat May 12, 2012 5:07 am

I hope it's affordable. How many refills?
Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But SHOUT it at them in German, because life is also terrifying and confusing.
kneemow

Postby NeuRon » Sat May 12, 2012 6:26 am

That was the extent of the information. We should probably wait for him to start advertising it. But this leak is all the confirmation I need to feel good about having a hunting bottle option in the very near future. I don't imagine it can get much cheaper than a Guppy, and I don't want to influence pricing, but I'd feel comfortable enough in the 300 range. Like all of the 4500 tanks, it would be a little stretch but good on fill-per-dollar. This "Minnow" is about convenience, which is worth something.
NeuRon

Postby rwsfan » Sat May 12, 2012 7:43 am

I seen Joe make a post on the yellow classifieds where he was going to be offering these smaller "bush bottles" for pretty cheap, I would personally get his guppy...

Here is the ad:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574/th ... sh+Bottles

Henry
rwsfan

Postby kneemow » Sat May 12, 2012 8:27 am

I've seen that link and read the info there before. Since I'm new to this what's the advantages/disadvantages of being able to transfer air from tank to rifle? I remember reading someplace that it's better to transfer the air slower and at less psi from tank to rifle. Or was that wrong?
Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But SHOUT it at them in German, because life is also terrifying and confusing.
kneemow

Next

Return to Tanks & Pumps