How many others would like their pump to pump it self

Information about fill options for PCP air guns.

How many others would like their pump to pump it self

Postby 1stmaraudershane » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:12 pm

Hello i am new here and Hope to friend some others on the site. Right now I need feed back on a design for a pump with a motor I made that will pump it self. I have A Benjamin Marauder .25gauge with a Benjamin pump. I have quickly learned why so many others do not have an interest in these new air rifles and I think it's said so I hope to change that perspective. I can't blame Some because Like me, I am disabled and can't use the pump, and also cannot afford an air tank so I am working on ideas for both ways to be affordable. But if you own a PCP you already know why these are worth it and how cheap ammo is and its power with accuracy but some still see it as a silly air rifle. I have put a lot of hours into an idea and before I spend any more time. I would like to know how many others would like to have their pumps they have already pump themselves with a quick connect Motor design that could plug into any wall socket and make your pump do its own work at the same pace you would so the pump would not burn out. So if enough people are interested I will find a way to make this very affordable product for everyone to buy as a add on but don't have any price ideas yet just need some feedback from others and am always open to help or take any advice to help make this easier.

My second idea was what I looked into first and realized how dangerous any air tank is at the pressures we need and how many deaths and accidents happen each year. I spent months looking how to find or pieced together at cheaper air tank that is affordable. I have looked at every solution from air soft gun tanks, to heavy scuba tanks, to all gas style tanks to convert and more and every one has there downfall but most where they won't hold the PSI that are air rifles require to keep a high fill pressure and what we really need is 4500PSI with a good Quality air tank valve that won't break if it falls over and turns into a rocket and the ones that will hold it cant put it out I have come to find out is that when you're working with air tanks at such high pressures you just can't go cheap on parts but the only advice I give anyone is don't wast your time if u cant afford it don't give up if u can do payments i found a place that will do layaway on any system no matter your credit and let you do payments on system that is quality and a good price witch is on my other forum the best air tanks i foundbut I'm making a new one today with great information that will help a lot of people , including me. So good luck to all and hope to here some responses.
motoxshane
1stmaraudershane

Re: How many others would like their pump to pump it self

Postby AndyPrice44 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:08 pm

hell yes I want a pump that pumps itself, I would buy one. Get to work on that design.
AndyPrice44

Postby AndyPrice44 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:11 pm

just need to make it pump at normal human speed so it doesn't burn the pump up. just remove the feet and handle and mount the pump cylinder into the motor mount and connect with an arm of some type. I am interested to hear what you have come up with.
AndyPrice44

Postby rebelwalker » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:36 am

I would be interested in this also. Is not the shoebox compressor pretty much what you are talking about? I think they are somewhere between $500 - $700 depending on what features you get. With that being said if you could come up with something in the $200 -$300 range I think you would have a winner.
rebelwalker

Postby RichD » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:34 pm

Sounds like a great idea except you have to keep in mind that all of these hand pumps need to rest about every five minutes or so to relieve the heat build up. For the price of these hand pumps, they are certainly not designed for continuous duty. I had given this some thought a while back and came up with a hair brained idea of using a long stroke pneumatic actuator with an automatic reversing valve.
In other words, a hand pump powered by your shop compressor.

But lets think about this for a sec . . . design or modify an existing pneumatic actuator with an auto reversing or cycling valve, then
design a set up to connect it to a hand pump that would also have to be beefed up to handle the continuous pumping, and finally
connect it all to a shop compressor with enough output to run the whole damn thing. Can't imagine what could go wrong?
On second thought . . . think I'll go with the shoebox.

Rich
RichD

Postby savoyspecial1 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:44 am

Yes sir I would be very interested!!!
savoyspecial1

Postby yohhon » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:59 pm

how about making a pump that you could use your foot ? you know like the old car jacks! that would be easier,for some people!
yohhon

Postby 1stmaraudershane » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:04 pm

Thanks for the input on my hand pump idea. I am a master electrician so using that back ground knowledge to build this one i have working and so just a little about how i have this one ruining is on a high tourk motor that has a pivot point so it don't put pressure on one side of the bushings and it dose run at the same speed a person would do so it don't over heat the pump and make its life cycle less.its meant to just fill your gun not tanks but the air driven system is another way i could try and do and see how cheap i can build it to make it worth it. but ill let u know how I'm doing with the new thoughts and when I'm confident in it ill show u when i can. I'm sure i'm not the only one to think of this but it is possible i just need your thoughts to make it better and cheap i doing this to just help others in my position so will sell it at what it takes to make for now.
motoxshane
1stmaraudershane

Postby eelect » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:21 pm

Hi guys
I just got my Benjamin Marauder 2 weeks ago. I have in the mean time built a gizmo that pumps the pump like a human does. I built it using 2 air cylinders doing back and forth simulating the pump action. I will post a video on YouTube later tomorrow. The only problem is it costs about the same as buying a shoebox compressor. I have the pump stop for a second or so on top and bottom. This is the best way the pump works. But doing that adds quite a bit of cost to the whole project. I'm also working on an all electric solution that could run off an inverter in the field if need be. So I'll keep you posted. please note the video is a rough prototype of the idea but you will get the concept.
Great Heavy Duty Target Holder For Sale
55 FPE KalibrGun Cricket .25 Hawke SW Tactical 6.5-20x42
33 FPE KalibrGun Cricket .22 SWFA SS 3-15x42 FFP
20 FPE Evanix RS II .177 Hawke Digital Nite Eye SF 4-16x50
eelect

Postby eelect » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:29 pm

If you need to get any metal fabrication and design done on this give me a shout. I have what it takes to make pretty fancy sheet Metal parts.
My info is www.shopstarlandmetals.com I run our website part of the business so I can really give you another of help in this area. Hopefully this will help.
Great Heavy Duty Target Holder For Sale
55 FPE KalibrGun Cricket .25 Hawke SW Tactical 6.5-20x42
33 FPE KalibrGun Cricket .22 SWFA SS 3-15x42 FFP
20 FPE Evanix RS II .177 Hawke Digital Nite Eye SF 4-16x50
eelect

Next

Return to Tanks & Pumps