25 cal gen 2 synrod magazine problems

Benjamin Marauder Troubleshooting
Forum rules
MarauderAirRifle.com is not owned, Affiliated, or controlled by Crosman.
The Scope and goal of this section of the form is provide useful information 24/7 because I realize that most of us play with the toys on weekends when big companies and telephone support is not always available.

Normally if problems occur during this window you are SOL until the next business day (and your fun is over)

So if you are having problems check or search here to see if it is a known issue and what steps can be taken to resolve the issue.

If you ask questions on this forum, I can not guarantee Crosman support will see the post or reply to it, and you may need to give them a call at 800-724-7486 if you still need help or replacement parts.

25 cal gen 2 synrod magazine problems

Postby Bigragu » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:44 am

Hey, all. I’m not only a newbie to this forum, but am a 3 month PCP newb as well. I’ve done a lot of reading and you tubing to solve a lot of problems, and do positive upgrades, but this one has me stumped.

For some reason, when I cock the bolt, shove a pellet into the breach, pull the trigger, nothing. I re do the process, and end up firing two pellets. Sometimes, it does fire after the initial cock of the bolt, but two pellets gets loaded. I’ve done the upgrade to the 4 magazines that I own by adding more tension to the spring, and cleaned out the magazines thoroughly when I had them disassembled. My only thoughts are I started to “lube” my pellets by placing a thin circled foam sponge at the bottom of my tin, and put in 10drops of FP10 as the pellet lube.
I’ve heard it was advised to lube pellets for PCP guns, so I started to do so. But I’m wondering if the film of lube is causing havoc on the way the magazines are cycling.

What I didn’t mention earlier is that my bolt is hard to cock. I installed a Regulator and hammer upgrade and thoroughly lubed the hammer and hammer port with moly powder, twice, and it is still tough to cycle the bolt.

Could the lubing of the pellets and my tough to cycle bolt be causing the magazine to cycle in two pellets? It doesn’t happen all the time, probably once with each new magazine. Really bugs me, man.

Thank you, all
Bigragu

Re: 25 cal gen 2 synrod magazine problems

Postby 22synrodn » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:47 pm

Please explain the hammer upgrade part more.

If the gun did not fire, it is best to remove the magazine when you cock the gun the second time to prevent a double load which could damage the baffles.
Romans 8:1-11

22 Synrod Unregulated. Tuned using JSB 18.13gr:
30 Shots @ 31.02 FPE Avg., ES 1.36% (12 FPS), 1.58 FPE/CI

25 Synrod Regulated. Tuned using JSB MKIIs 33.95gr:
24 Shots @ 55.92 FPE Avg., ES 2.08% (18 FPS), 1.45 FPE/CI
22synrodn

Postby int3man » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:51 pm

Sounds like something is amiss in the hammer area. You are running the risk of wounding your baffles if you keep firing 2 pellets. You may want to find someone in the forum nearby to take a look. Whereabouts in the country are you located? I hone the hammer area and use a dry MDS hammer (self lubricating) from Jefferson State Air rifles.

Michael :- )
.25 Marauder Full W.A.R.
PRod Modified Valve, LW Barrel W.A.R. NBH
Broadening my Horizons
.22 Brocock S6 XL
.25 BSA Scorpion Huma REG
.25 Air Arms Extra FAC
.22 Marauder Regulated LW Barrel Rapid 70 Bull Stolen
W.A.R. .30 FLEX DA BOMB!! Stolen
int3man

Postby Bigragu » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:10 am

int3man wrote:Sounds like something is amiss in the hammer area. You are running the risk of wounding your baffles if you keep firing 2 pellets. You may want to find someone in the forum nearby to take a look. Whereabouts in the country are you located? I hone the hammer area and use a dry MDS hammer (self lubricating) from Jefferson State Air rifles.

Michael :- )

Thanks for the tip. I did just look into that MDS hammer thanks to your advice. There is another tread similar to this, just before this tread, and what was suggested was to hone out the tube. I already did just that- used a 1” diameter, 320 grit flex ball hone, and ran that thing up and down the hammer end of the tube, and then cleaned that entire tube spotless with denatured alcohol.
Prior to using the hone, I went thru all the slots, and the gage port hole, and de burred and filed to rid of any sharp edging.

Lathered up that entire hammer port, the hammer, spring, and even the bolt with a Moly powder and brush. Still not to my liking. I literally have to prop the butt of the rifle against my shoulder to cock the bolt, when sitting, and against my thigh when standing. Is this normal?

I did add Hill’s premium kit, which came with regulator, gage block, transfer port, and hammer/spring. By the way, that was an awesome upgrade as far as shot strings and consistent shot velocity amounts, but it did cause my cocking effort to tighten up, and the malfunction of the magazine I don’t believe had anything to do with the upgrade.

With all the knowledgeable and seasoned PCP folks on here, I’m just curious if anyone has suffered similar malfunctions.

Thank you
Bigragu

Return to Marauder Problems and Solutions