Accuracy and distance with the .22

All general Marauder chat to go in here.

Accuracy and distance with the .22

Postby jjs » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:40 pm

I couldn't get in on the first 100, but I was able to purchase a .22 Marauder from Bluewater Outriggers two weeks ago. No problems so far! Very accurate at 35 to 50 yards with Crosman Premier Hollow Points lubed with Krytech.

I zeroed my scope at 35 yards and 2800psi. 50 yards is still very close. 75 yards I'm seeing about a 10 inch drop. Not even sure it will go to 100 yards. Is this normal? What distances and how much drop are other's seeing with the .22 Marauder?
jjs

Re: Accuracy and distance with the .22

Postby sacshooter » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:40 am

I’d change your near zero from 35 to 20 yards.

Once you zero at 20 then move a target to 50 yards and shoot a 5 shot group. If you are close to zero at 50 then move the target back to 35 yards and shoot it. This may be close to the apex (top of the pellet arc) check where it hits. It should be (guessing I don’t know how fast your pellet is moving) around ¾ to 1 ¼ high at 35 yards

Give this a try, and let me know.

if you know how fast the pellet is moving you can use chairgun
http://www.chairgun.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sacshooter aka Site Admin
Besides this forum I have many others. For a complete list of my other websites please visit http://www.AskRogerSeher.com Thanks for your Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sacshooter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby sacshooter » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:47 am

jjs wrote:and 2800psi

I missed this part, with a 2800 fill, did you tweek the settings on the gun? What pellet are you using and how fast are you able to push it? How many shots are you getting per fill?

Thanks

Roger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sacshooter aka Site Admin
Besides this forum I have many others. For a complete list of my other websites please visit http://www.AskRogerSeher.com Thanks for your Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sacshooter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby huffelfingre » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:54 pm

I am sure that you know that the fill pressure is just part of the formula for your Marauder, and it may be that 2,800 pound fills at whatever settings your gun has may even be slower than say maybe 2,400 pounds. I am not saying that is the case . But I could see where your gun would really drop if your settings are not giving you the maximum for your type of shooting. You really need a way to measure the velocity that your gun is shooting at what pressures. Then you can adjust it for the 100 yard shots. There is a Crosman blog in the PCP Marauder forum called your mileage may vary, if you can read that it will help you get the most out of your gun. Even if you just kinda follow his adjustments. you will have a better understanding of what your Marauder can do......

huffelfingre

Return to General Chat