Ads for marauder .25

Which mount for ATN X-Sight-II 3x scope?

This area is dedicated to the .25 caliber Benjamin Marauder by Crosman.

Which mount for ATN X-Sight-II 3x scope?

Postby Jeff Kushner » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:41 am

Hi guys,

It's been a while since I've been on here since soon after getting my synrod25, someone bought the acreage behind my house and built a home on it! My solution was to order a digital night scope, the ATN X-sight 2 3x14. I know that some of you guys have bought this scope and am wondering what mounts/adapter to get. The ATN uses a 7/8" weaver mount and we have a dovetail on our synrods. So what do I need to get to mount this?

I'd like to order now so everything arrives at nearly the same time.

Thanks,

jeff
Jeff Kushner

Re: Which mount for ATN X-Sight-II 3x scope?

Postby Jeff Kushner » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:46 am

I found an adapter in my box of mounts and was able to get my Synrod up & running with my new scope and this thing is AMAZING!

I wrote a review on the scope but suffice to say day or night, this thing lets me see everything!

This is the woods behind my house at roughly 50+ yards....in the middle of the night!

This is by far the best digital solution (much better then the Sightmark Photon) for under 600 bucks!

Here is a pic of my rig....all in at just over 10 pounds. Heavy for walking miles in the forest but fine for a stand or shooting off the rear deck of my home!

jeff
Jeff Kushner

Postby wahoowad » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:58 pm

Can I borrow it?
wahoowad

Postby rangerb3 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:41 pm

Nice! Wish I would have found this thread sooner...I have the 5x20 x-sight 2 and now realized I may have ordered the wrong dovetail 2 weaver adapter. Not sure if this adapter will position properly without contacting the magazine.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IWPI3EY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

To make it work, I will probably have to slide the mount all the way to the rear of the dovetail allowing the rear bolt to hang off the end of the dovetail mount. I might consider trimming off the back of the adapter mount...we'll see when I get everything from the big brown truck this upcoming week! :D

If anyone is considering this Scope, the 3x15 actually is the better option since it gives you a wider field of view compared to the 5x20. Also, the zoom is practically useless since it gets very grainy due being a digital zoom versus an analog or mechanical zoom so knowing what I know now, the 20x is not a big selling point. The 3x15 is also a bit cheaper too.

Jeff, pm me your address and I'll send you some black, hi-density foam to make a custom cover for where your remote USB cable plugs into the side of the Scope. It's easy to trim the foam with scissors to get a water-tight fit! I just made my USB cover a little larger than the hole and forced it into the hole. It won't damage anything since the foam will compress enough to cover the hole but be splash proof enough for hunting outdoors!
Best Regards,
Rangerb3

Soldiers of the Cross, http://www.sotcmm.com
John 14:6 (Jesus said to him; "I am the way, the truth, and the life. Nobody comes to the Father except through me.)

http://www.pbase.com/rangerb3
rangerb3

Postby Outback » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:43 pm

You need to man up ! nice rig you've got there you won't notice the weight when you're stoked up :mrgreen:
Outback

Postby rangerb3 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:44 am

I was finally able to get my .25 Synrod and ATN X-Sight II 5x20 mounted. The UTG mount I ordered above in my previous post was just what I needed and it put the scope at the perfect position for my taste. I've ordered an 8000mah oval battery which will fit under the cheek pad ty-wrapped to the cheek pad bars. I should have that mounted in a few days and will update my picture.

Best Regards,
Rangerb3

Soldiers of the Cross, http://www.sotcmm.com
John 14:6 (Jesus said to him; "I am the way, the truth, and the life. Nobody comes to the Father except through me.)

http://www.pbase.com/rangerb3
rangerb3

Postby Springwater 808 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:37 am

I got one from Amazon.com: http://a.co/gDIQ73I

While this increases the height of the scope over the rifle, it provides a super-solid mount, allowing the entire base of the ATN scope to "grab" the rail. I had the UTG adapter but didn't like how much of the ATN's base wasn't in contact with a rail when the scope was mounted further aft to clear the Marauder's magazine slot and also provide proper eye relief.

The UTG adapter might be solid enough, but with the "Sniper" rail, I don't have to worry about it. It does mean you have to be extra careful about making sure the rifle isn't canted at all when shooting. Fortunately the level indicator in the ATN scope provides that feedback.

Would be nice if this same rail could be made a lot lower.

Springwater 808

Postby Panic Button » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:38 am

Hell-o M-Rod owners,

I just registered so I could post and say thanks, found some information on mounting my ATN scope to my new rifle.

I'm new to PCP, but not to air rifles. Have several break barrels, .177 and .22. Have never been happy with the inconsistent accuracy of my rifles. Decided it was time to step up and spend some $$ on a complete PCP system.

1. Benjamin Marauder w/synthetic stock, .22, with extra mags.
2. ATN X Sight II HD 3x14.
3. BKL 2 piece 3/8" to Weaver adapter (doesn't work well with ATN scope).
4. 80 cubic feet tank and hose assembly.
5. 4,500 psi compressor off E-bay, (hope it works once I get it!).

I just received everything except the compressor yesterday. Took the tank to the local dive shop for a fill up. They had to do a visual inspection, $15 and $8 to fill. The value assembly that screws into the top of the tank was missing some kind of value that screws into the bottom, don't recall what she called it, so another $8 for that and I've now got a full tank.

Haven't filled or fired the rifle yet, as I'm still fussing with getting the ATN scope mounted. The BKL adapter(s) were not the answer so I ordered the Sniper one from an above post a few minutes ago, thanks to Springwater 808 for that information.

The ATN scope mount was hanging to far back to get a full grip on the BKL adapter, so it's coming off, see attachment.

I do most of my shooting on my 1/3rd acre property with houses close by. I shoot from inside the house through an open window. I'm hoping this rifle will be quiet enough, as my break barrels can be heard by my neighbors and I have to be really careful.

If not, will drill out the six holes on the barrel shroud spacer to 3/16" that I've read about on other post and look into a suppressor.

That's it for now, hope I didn't bore you too much.

PB
Benjamin Marauder, Gen-2, Synrod, .22cal
Lane regulator
TSS & MDS Super Hammer
ATN X Sight 2 HD 3x14 scope
80 cu ft scuba tank w/gauged fill hose
Yong Heng 4,500psi compressor
Panic Button

Postby Panic Button » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:37 pm

Just an update. Received the Sniper adapter and it works much better than the BKL, but the scope still doesn't sit back far enough for me. There's a similar adapter on E-bay that has many more slots to the rear, so will try that one and see what happens. I think I need another inch or so.

I ran into a problem when attaching the adapter to the rear of the receiver deck. The plunger assembly, the slotted screw head at the rear of the receiver was sticking up about .003" from the deck and causing the back of the adapter to sit high, causing the scope to sit at an angle pointing down.

I'm not a machinist, only have common hand tools, drill and drill bits, so I just drilled away some of the metal so the head of the screw had some place to hide and not touch the bottom of the adapter.

I did run into an issue when removing some of the material from the bottom of the adapter. Where I had to remove the material just happen to be square in line with the passage way for the rear side clamping screw. Even though it punched through the metal, it didn't hurt anything as the threaded portion where the screw screws into was still in good shape. Sorry no pictures, it didn't look very pretty, but got the job done.

Attached are photos of the Sniper adapter with scope attached.

PB

Benjamin Marauder, Gen-2, Synrod, .22cal
Lane regulator
TSS & MDS Super Hammer
ATN X Sight 2 HD 3x14 scope
80 cu ft scuba tank w/gauged fill hose
Yong Heng 4,500psi compressor
Panic Button

Postby int3man » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:01 pm

Hi Panic Button,
That Flat tipped Screw head is for a ball bearing and spring to create a detent for the bolt. There is a corresponding detent hole in the bolt. Screw it down and if you can work the bolt you are good to go.

Michael :- )
.25 Marauder Full W.A.R.
PRod Modified Valve, LW Barrel W.A.R. NBH
Broadening my Horizons
.22 Brocock S6 XL
.25 BSA Scorpion Huma REG
.25 Air Arms Extra FAC
.22 Marauder Regulated LW Barrel Rapid 70 Bull Stolen
W.A.R. .30 FLEX DA BOMB!! Stolen
int3man

Next

Return to .25 Cal Marauders