Ads for marauder .25

Casting .25 pellets with Ranchdog .25 acp mold

This area is dedicated to the .25 caliber Benjamin Marauder by Crosman.

Casting .25 pellets with Ranchdog .25 acp mold

Postby golddredger » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:47 pm

I have been searching for a mold to cast some pellets. I have seen the swaging and I really do not want to go that route. I already cast a bunch for my powder burners and I been doing it for years. I have lots of practice so I am good to go in the casting area. I am looking at buying the Ranch dog .25 ACP mold. It drops Lyman #2 lead at .256 OD. I can get a lee sizer or machine a push through at .254 if need be. Most of my pellets are measuring at .254. I need to slug my barrel and see if the .256 will fit nice. The bullets would drop at 49 grains. However I have the Forster case trimmer with the Hollow point kit allowing you to very quickly make a hollow point in any lead round. I can also add a cup to the rear of the pellet as well. I would like to hit 30 to 35 grains when done. This should be easy to do. I see the Mr. hollow point round and the Crossman Nosler rounds but the price of those is way up there when I could cast 100's of these for only a couple of dollars. Here is a link to the mold it is a 6 cavity so it will cast plenty fast. I cast 9mm in a lee 6 cavity mold and I can crank out 300 rounds an hour. So I would like to hear any comments you might have on this subject.

Link to the mold.
Keep on Keep'in on!
Building Marauder .177 regulated LW hammer and custom FT stock built for FT comps.
Marauder .25
Marauder pistol
Crosman 1377
Benji Nitro GP
850 Airmagnum RWS .177

Re: Casting .25 pellets with Ranchdog .25 acp mold

Postby dyslexic-dancer » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:27 am

I might be willing to give this a try,

I roll my own .300 whisper boolits (FN 247gr) and .458 Socom bloolits (405gr RNFP) out of used wheel weights

I recently bought a .25cal Mrod , may as well cast my own pellets to see if I can get a good amount of accuracy from them.

Keep in touch with your .25cal casts and let me know how the shoot

Return to .25 Cal Marauders