Most Compact Marauader!

3rd Party Stocks, Barrels, Regulators, air tube extensions, etc. and where to find them.

Most Compact Marauader!

Postby ackuric » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:49 am

First, MANY thanks goes to Lee aka Vash, a guy known for making the most compact prod stock! I now introduce to you its brother, the most compact marauder stock.

Weight in this config...4-4.5 lbs. (approx. 6 lbs with stock air tube) - Weight saved from original stock is just over 1lb. With titanium/aluminum guide rods the weight would be further reduced by about 4-5 oz's...bringing a stock rifle likely into the high 5 lb range.

OAL = 31" - 46" (plan on personally reducing to max 42")

Plan on making a removable LDC which will reduce OAL another 5" to 26.5" at its most compact state!

Only detail I need to iron out is the foregrip, which I have a few ideas but please feel free to chime in as yours are welcomed.

I plan on molding some kydex into a desirable shape that will sit over the stock gauge, but nothing in stone there.

The stock end cap is replaced with one that has guides for the rods. This system works beautifully and I am thrilled to be the first Marauder going down this path! Hope it all works out in the end!

Thanks again Lee for your great craftsmanship on both this stock and my aluminum air tube! He can be reached at [email protected] - www.leeairpro.com
-Matt
.25 M-rod

.04" Valve Stem / .212" Ports / Lane Reg / LW Valve Spring
Custom SSG's / 25gr Hammer / Peek Poppet @ .25" / 25cc Plenum Ext.

88 Shots 20.8 FPE
40 Shots 53.2 FPE
ackuric

Re: Most Compact Marauader!

Postby PB_Matrix » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:44 am

For the fore end, how about just a piece of foam pipe insulation, the denser the better, held on with double sided tape or silicon glue.

and move the fill nipple to the gauge location, cover the nipple when not in use with a inexpensive plastic end cap or one sold specifically for paintball, move the gauge to the front.
PB_Matrix

Postby 22synrodn » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:18 am

Congrats, you did it! It looks completely different now and much lighter. I would just be happy with the reduction of weight in the OEM stock. For your setup though I am thinking about my Milwaukee hammer drill assist handle for a fore grip handle. It would strap around the air tube and would be adjustable in position location without any mods I do believe. Just twist the handle to loosen, move and twist the handle back to tighten.

For me, I would have to wrap that air tube like you did with the shroud to knock down the bling, lol.

Those butt stock rods seem like they would rattle against the tube and would catch on weeds in the woods I hunt, but maybe not. I don't see how you lock them in place for correct shoulder positioning, but am assuming there is some sort of twist lock on the back of the grip. I did see one pic where the ends were captured by some sort of plastic piece so that might be the stop/support for the rod ends.

Lol, I know you are never done so great job so far!
John 3:18

22 Synrod Unregulated. Tuned using JSB 18.13gr:
31 Shots @ 30.43 FPE, ES 1.60% (14 FPS)

25 Synrod Regulated. Tuned using JSB MKIIs 33.95gr:
32 Shots @ 51.57 FPE, ES 1.91% (16 FPS)
22synrodn

Postby ackuric » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:45 pm

Here it is wrapped in carbon fiber. I thought about putting the fill nipple where the gauge port goes but I am regulated so this would not work. Cool idea though. I plan on a stock that will keep the rods from rubbing on the tube, in this pic it shows a miniaturized version of the hand guard I plan on attempting.

The stock has a button release locking mechanism and slots where it locks that are hidden on the rods due to placement.

-Matt
.25 M-rod

.04" Valve Stem / .212" Ports / Lane Reg / LW Valve Spring
Custom SSG's / 25gr Hammer / Peek Poppet @ .25" / 25cc Plenum Ext.

88 Shots 20.8 FPE
40 Shots 53.2 FPE
ackuric

Return to Marauder Aftermarket Parts and Accessories