50 yards groups and new toy...

This area is dedicated to the .22 caliber Benjamin Marauder by Crosman.

Re: 50 yards groups and new toy...

Postby jlc » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:26 pm

I love looking at the new guns, fantastic looking laminated stocks, very cool.

But 1500 to 2500 for an air gun and scope etc. and then still have to be concerned about accuracy and or reliability, issues, not me.

I realize there are many satisfied happy owners of the high dollar guns, but there are enough that have had issues from all of the high dollar gun manufactures that give me pause.

Especially when my Marauders are affordable, accurate and reliable.

I can deal with an O ring, bolt with a 500 dollar gun, fix it and continue to get great accuracy with my 3 M's, one in each caliber.

Now i did spend a good bit on a great compressor, the Daystate 2.

I fill my scuba tanks and scba in 5 to 6 minutes, shoot for 3 or 4 weeks and then top them off again.

If your still hand pumping,or driving a 100 mile round trip for air, but have a good accurate, reliable Marauder and it meets your needs get a compressor, it increases your enjoyment factor by a hundred.

Shoot all you want, don't sweat air.

Of course if you hit the lottery, go for it. :D
jlc

Postby 22synrodn » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:08 pm

jlc wrote:I love looking at the new guns, fantastic looking laminated stocks, very cool.

But 1500 to 2500 for an air gun and scope etc. and then still have to be concerned about accuracy and or reliability, issues, not me.

I realize there are many satisfied happy owners of the high dollar guns, but there are enough that have had issues from all of the high dollar gun manufactures that give me pause.

Especially when my Marauders are affordable, accurate and reliable.

I can deal with an O ring, bolt with a 500 dollar gun, fix it and continue to get great accuracy with my 3 M's, one in each caliber.

Now i did spend a good bit on a great compressor, the Daystate 2.

I fill my scuba tanks and scba in 5 to 6 minutes, shoot for 3 or 4 weeks and then top them off again.

If your still hand pumping,or driving a 100 mile round trip for air, but have a good accurate, reliable Marauder and it meets your needs get a compressor, it increases your enjoyment factor by a hundred.

Shoot all you want, don't sweat air.

Of course if you hit the lottery, go for it. :D

We sure do think alike on this. My two Synrods are quite accurate and I doubt any high dollar gun would shoot that much better than them in the 80 yards or less range I shoot, but I will still probably buy an expensive one just to get it out of my system eventually. I have always taken a liking to the specs of the Pulsar, Vulcan and Impact and have a keen interest in the new Crown coming out too. I am certainly not in a hurry though because the Synrods are doing everything I need them to do. A compressor would be more of what I really would like to have, but fills currently are only $5 and 10 miles or less away from me so again can't really justify one of those either.
Romans 8:1-11

22 Synrod Unregulated. Tuned using JSB 18.13gr:
31 Shots @ 30.43 FPE, ES 1.60% (14 FPS)

25 Synrod Regulated. Tuned using JSB MKIIs 33.95gr:
32 Shots @ 51.57 FPE, ES 1.91% (16 FPS)
22synrodn

Postby jlc » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:45 am

The crown and the RAW's have the looks and are hard to resist.

Hard to justify a compressor with location of your air provider.

My dive shop was 20 miles away and was great for two years, then he closed up.

I do have one at about 50 miles away but it just far enough and just didn't want to deal with the hours

Etc. I do have two other tanks strictly for diving so I got a good compressor and take care o everything.

I fortunately found an industrial operation that does hydro testing and got my scuba tanks done.

The convience having your own air comes at a cost but changes your mind set and really

adds a feeling of independence to this sport as well as supporting the diving with quality dry breathing air.
jlc

Postby Dairyboy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:28 pm

Keith, I have been eyeing those crowns as well and almost pulled the trigger on one the other day. But I would to have sold 2-3 guns to justify it. I ended up not doing it cause my .25 Veteran is crazy accurate and much shorter almost 19" to be exact lol! I have really wanted a .20 cal Airgun for quite awhile. So after some asking around im building my own from a .177 Synrod :D I just can't get away from these guns!
John 3:16

.20 Synrod LW barrel
.22 Synrod MMHF barrel
.22 Gen1 Mrod stock
Dairyboy

Postby 22synrodn » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:57 pm

Dillon, I thought you sold the .25 Veteran. I was thinking about it. I like the dimensions of it. I don't know why in the world you would want a .20 over a .22 with the limited and light pellet choices available for them, but glad you're back in Marauder land.

I really want a quiet .30 cal for my next purchase. The Crown is only for right-hand folks and I feel cut short by FX on that issue. The FX Boss in walnut may work and is built from the ground up as a .30cal, so IDK. I will have to monitor the reviews on the Crown and think about the right-hand cocking limitations on both of them. I discovered that the Pulsar is very heavy and have backed off on that one for now. decisions, decisions...

Good luck with your .20 cal build! :)
Romans 8:1-11

22 Synrod Unregulated. Tuned using JSB 18.13gr:
31 Shots @ 30.43 FPE, ES 1.60% (14 FPS)

25 Synrod Regulated. Tuned using JSB MKIIs 33.95gr:
32 Shots @ 51.57 FPE, ES 1.91% (16 FPS)
22synrodn

Postby Dairyboy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:52 pm

Nope didn't end up needing to sell it. Had well problems and they thought it was the pump going bad but just ended up 2 wires not connected tight enough so expensive fix ended up being cheap.

Why .20 cal? Why not?! Lol honestly have always wanted one and can't give much else of a reason why as to it's something different. I have a great .22 and. 25 already and a nice .177 but think I'll let that one go. .20 just sounds like a nice compromise between the tiny .177 and little bigger brother .22. If I don't like it I know where to get a killer .22 barrel as I do miss my .22 Mrod.

That is a bummer on FX not doing left handed bolt capabilities. I know those guns do sound awesome and would like to own one also. Will be interesting to see how the Crowns do. The Boss I've heard nothing but great things about them also. A RAW in .30 are awesome rifles. Had one but it's no little gun at 48" and dang near 12lbs scoped. But very accurate and powerful. If I had to do a .30 again (no need for one) would probably go with a .30 Mrod conversion. Idk if it's just cause I've had a few and worked like crazy on them all but just very comfortable guns to shoot and with a TJ .30 barrel able to hang with the best .30 cal Airguns out there.

Don't rush it though or you'll end up like me trying alot of guns before I find what I really like. Good luck on your choice!

And thanks I'm hoping to get it started by the end of summer. Might have some goodies from Travis going in it eventually :D
John 3:16

.20 Synrod LW barrel
.22 Synrod MMHF barrel
.22 Gen1 Mrod stock
Dairyboy

Postby isaacrm1 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:26 pm

I finally got my .25 impact.

Omg this rifle is just like a laser guys its just all that i expected.

http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/fx-im ... airguns-2/
isaacrm1

Postby otter5555 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:36 pm

.22 cal ,near stock tune
2500 fill
20 shots down to 2000 20 shots run from 795-773 fps

shooting the cheep walmart crosman premier hollowpoints
otter5555

Postby isaacrm1 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:54 am

otter5555 wrote:Image

.22 cal ,near stock tune
2500 fill
20 shots down to 2000 20 shots run from 795-773 fps

shooting the cheep walmart crosman premier hollowpoints

That's a really nice group....

When I saw the speed you are using I believe that your trajectory must be really loopy at longer distance isn't?

Do you have the original barrel or a MM barrel?
isaacrm1

Postby otter5555 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:57 am

this is a factory stock rifle
no mods at all

it is loopy, drops 14" @ 100
that's why God gave us mil dots :)

upped it to 800 fps 2 days ago

same accuracy basically no difference in drop

may try 850
otter5555

PreviousNext