Ads for Marauder .177

Mountain Air Custom LW Barrels (drop in)

This area is dedicated to the .177 caliber Benjamin Marauder by Crosman.

Re: Mountain Air Custom LW Barrels (drop in)

Postby DRAGON64 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:53 am

Because of the wind today, and the fact that I have "go fever" I did not clean the barrel prior to shooting a couple groups yesterday. The barrel was as shot from the tuning procedure, and a few different pellets were used. Here was my set up at 25-yards (zero for HFT)

Groups are five shot, here is a side-by-side with CPL 7.9 boxed on the left and JSB 7.87 on the right:

Crosman Boxed Again:

And a surprise contender, the Crosman 7.9 CPLHP I used for tuning (Yin from Walmart):

I had a couple other pellets, like the Falcon 7.33, which were too light for he breeze, and groups opened up a bit; And a tin pf copper coated pellets in 8.66 (mfg escapes me at the moment) which would not hit the same POI with any consistency.

When weather calms back down I will be ready for a much more thorough round of target shooting. Over-all, I am happy with the end results. The barrel will settle in as it seasons up some, so I am looking forward to shooting it quite often.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
DRAGON64

Postby Dairyboy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:40 am

Glad your happy with it in the end! Pretty good for windy condition sub 12fpe shooting.
John 3:16

.20 Synrod LW barrel
.22 Synrod MMHF barrel
.22 Gen1 Mrod stock
Dairyboy

Postby Dairyboy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:11 pm

My .20 LW from Roy is on its way here!
John 3:16

.20 Synrod LW barrel
.22 Synrod MMHF barrel
.22 Gen1 Mrod stock
Dairyboy

Previous

Return to .177 Cal Marauders