Ads for Marauder .177

New .177 Owner

This area is dedicated to the .177 caliber Benjamin Marauder by Crosman.

New .177 Owner

Postby VinceInJax » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:17 pm

I just ordered a .177 wood stock Mrod from PA. I'm a 25m BR shooter and I wanted an inexpensive (compared to the RAW I have on order) to train and shoot matches with. Will be paper punching at 25m 99% of the time. I plan on trying JSB Monsters and Heavies. Can I tune without a regulator for a decent shot count?

Any advice is welcome!
VinceInJax

Re: New .177 Owner

Postby Brazos » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:42 pm

Congrats. Yes you can tune it for a decent shots count. You will have to tune it as most likely it won't be when you get it, or at least none I have ever seen. Since you are just shooting at 25 meters I would tune it for 12fpe. That should give you plenty of shots. They seem to like JSB or AA 10.34 gr heavies but my Gen 1 seems to like those plus CPH and Barracuda Match.
Brazos

Re: New .177 Owner

Postby cz_rimfire » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:50 pm

VinceInJax wrote:I just ordered a .177 wood stock Mrod from PA. I'm a 25m BR shooter and I wanted an inexpensive (compared to the RAW I have on order) to train and shoot matches with. Will be paper punching at 25m 99% of the time. I plan on trying JSB Monsters and Heavies. Can I tune without a regulator for a decent shot count?

Any advice is welcome!

If you're benchrest shooting, you love accuracy...I'd really consider regulating. It's not super expensive if you can do the work, and it's just so much more consistent. I think it's just about the best thing you can do for accuracy, besides finding the right pellet. Just MHO.

PS - I've got a gen1 and a gen2 with regulators, light hammers, and bored transfer ports (courtesy of Motorhead), and I settled on the Air Arms pellets - the JSBs are good, but the AAs are just a tiny bit better (in my guns) and might be worth a try.
Marauder 1st Gen .177 (Son's) | Marauder 2nd Gen .177 (Mine)
FWB 603
FX Monsoon, FX Revolution
Crosman 400, 600, MK1
cz_rimfire

Return to .177 Cal Marauders